Friday, December 10, 2010

Emma Leonard

I don't know what it is, but I've always been drawn to female portraits and artwork. Several months back I Facebook 'Liked' an article Finders Keepers had featuring Melbourne based artist, Emma Leonard. A simple Facebook 'Like' certainly didn't do justice to this woman's talent so I've decided to blog it. Perfect opportunity to have her lovely work adorn my page ;).




Amazingly enough, Emma Leonard is only new to the art scene in Oz. Wanting to escape the mundane of doing the same thing day to day, she quit her full time retail job just over 12 months ago to pursue a different career path. Despite being a super talented hobby sketcher, it took Emma several months to decide that illustration was just the job for her!








Now having exhibited at several exhibitions among the likes of artist, Jo Dyer and Catlin Sheerer, Emma is certainly sketching a name for herself in the Australian illustration scene as well as the hearts of avid fans such as myself!


xx Jo


Emma Leonard
Please click on images for original source.

No comments:

Post a Comment