Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sipping Tea...

Sorry its been a while between blogs. Its been quite busy for me lately, as you probably know, this blog only takes up a small fraction of my time. I really wish it could take up more, eventually I'll find a way ;). I've kinda been bombarded with other jobs, studies, family commitments etc this past week. But with all the craziness out of the way, I've finally managed to book a space to shoot the little vintage clothing range I've been re-working and will spend the bulk of this next week, measuring, planning and getting these babies ready. 


The last day or so have been spent re grouping and planning several other things coming up, as well this I managed to spend some QT with my man who spent part of the last week in France for work. We don't often get time alone so we spent a rare day to ourselves lunching and and cafe-ing at the wonderful, Leaf on Bold Street in Liverpool. It's such an amazing space I just had to share it with you. Its a bit of a photopalooza but I had my trusty camera in hand and this space was making me feel particularly trigger happy.

Formerly Leaf on Baltic on Parliment House Road in Liverpool, in 2007 Leaf was born out of the love for tea and music. Simple as that! Its a versatile day and night tea house/wine and dine venue for basically anyone and everyone! Serving a huge array of exotic and traditional herbal teas as well as coffee, cakes and light meals. 26 year old proprietor Natalie Haywood heads a young team of fresh talent who work tirelessly to make it the success it is so far. I love this place and wish them much success!
Beautiful combination of reclaimed and new furniture...oh and me also looking rather reclaimed :P.
My spunky husband makes his LLPA blog debut!

Some of the intimate little nooks in Leaf styled just like nanna's place makes for a very relaxed, chilled environment. Ultimate place to hang out.
Did somebody say 'Gallery'? Yes, not only is it a fabulous tea house, there's also an exhibition/function/gallery space upstairs on the first floor. They hold monthly vintage markets here and the space is available for hire for businesses or individuals wanting to hold events or exhibitions. I literally stopped in my tracks, mouth wide open, gobsmacked as soon as set foot on this floor. The photos don't do it justice but the amount of light that pours in is amazing! 

I'm secretly hoping they keep the old panelled wall behind the bar as is. It's a perfect contrast to the stainless steel on the bar...I could go on and on but at the end of the day it's just beautiful.












The man was just as amazed in the space upstairs as I was. In all it's New York City penthouse lofty like charm, it would honestly be our ultimate dream space for a home (minus the workers of course ;D)....aaaahhh one day. ;)

xx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment