Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tomboy

Being a woman is so high maintenance sometimes! I was raised with three very 'blokey' brothers which often ment that my parents dressed me in by brothers clothes and I played whatever they played on weekends and after school. This often involved making go-carts and racing them with neighbours, lizard collecting and making our special concoction of 'snail soup' (snails, slugs, water, salt...you know the rest :P) I never worried about how grubby I looked and it was often a fight for my mum to get me to wear earrings or anything girly.  Now I'm a grown woman but it doesn't help that I have three sons (no daughters), a professional rugby player husband with two of his male relatives living with us. I prefer to dress in anything baggy and often resort to wearing my husbands, 11 year old son's or my brothers clothes simply because I like it. Dressing in anything girly or sexy is a treat (more for my husband than myself) which I don't mind indulging in when I have the time or am in the mood for it.  This blog post is to pay homage to some of the beautiful celebrities who aren't afraid to strip off the stilettos and embrase their masculine side by doning mens style threads every now and then.
Photobucket
Quentin Crisp
Photobucket
Ruby Rose
Photobucket
Shiloh Jolie Pitt
Photobucket
Gwen Stefani

Photobucket
Ashley Olsen
Photobucket
Alexa Chung
Photobucket
Nicole Richie
Photobucket
Vanessa Paradis
xx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment