Friday, November 19, 2010

For the love of Lola

Ok, so I'm not going to pretend I had this intro all down pat and that I didn't pre rehearse ways on how to sound chic and cool for my first ever blog. I'm not one for fads, brand names and all things 'in'. I like to dabble into just about everything. My mentality is that you never know when it'll come in handy! I'd like to leave this life having turned every stone I've crossed as well as leave a few 'JO WAS HERE' carvings along the way.


I currently study Interior Design and adore in particular, all elements of styling and design. The name Lola Lovely is a small homage to my talented and creative grandparents whom I attribute my love for furniture, interior design/styling, fashion and food to. The word 'Lola' means grandmother in my native dialect, and as lovely as they all are, my concept for Lola Lovely was born! But as well as this, there is something kind of 'nanna' about my love for all things vintage and kitsch.


Growing up, my grandparents lived with us as part of our extended family. The experiences they shared with me are priceless! I would spend my time before after school going from grandparent to grandparent, learning, observing and soaking up all the wonderful lessons and tricks of the trade my amazingly creative and talented carpenter grandfather, clothes designing/making grandmother and cook extraordinaire grandma  shared with me. Now, with a little family of my own, I hope to share those same sort of experiences with my boys through my passion for pre adored furniture and fashion and of course food...mmmm!


I am currently working on my own little collection of vintage garments, furniture and accessories that I will soon make available to purchase. Some of them have been given a little tlc and have been revamped with my own signature style, and others are just too precious to tamper with and are left as is. Either way, I hope you find as much joy in all I have to share here as I do!


Looking forward to sharing my journey with you!
'LOVE'
xx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment