Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bottles full of goodness!

I had a lovely time with girlfriends this weekend and got to spend some time catching up with a lot of my great friends over here. 

Part of this weekend entailed me hosting a pamper party at my place c/o Temple Spa where we all participated in mini facials and got all pampered and beautified! Being a girly themed eve, some of us made the effort to doll ourselves up with make up only to be told we would be stripping it all off and replacing it with creams, serums and masks. Thankfully, the room was dimly lit full of tea light candles to make it much more bearable for us vein ones to get down to our bare nothingness (make up wise).

For me, the most fun part of the evening was preparing the food and of course, the spread! I am not a girly girl by any means so this was the perfect opportunity for me to step out of my comfort zone and really make the effort to do something extra spesh. 

I've collected all our empty infuser bottles and jars that I thought would come in handy for special occasions. Leading up to the night I washed and soaked them in vinegar to get rid of the smell. They came in so handy as part of the table decorations. I dressed them them with pink and white roses, baby's breath and carnations and teamed them with all old thrifted ornaments and candle holders. Here's how preparations went down.
























I was so happy with how the evening turned out. We ate, drank, caught up and had a well deserved pamper.  I loved how the little recycled bottles turned out on the spread!  I've now put them in my dining and study and am equally as happy with them!



xx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment