Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding Wrap Up...because I love a bit of overkill.

To be honest, I initially wasn't too keen on watching the Royal Wedding until the husband called me over to come and just 'have a look'. After that, it was all over red rover! The girlie girl in me came out and I got carried away daydreaming of all the pomp and wonder of the beautiful occasion. Most memorable for me were,


1. Pippa Middleton looking ever so svelte and elegant in that amazing satin plunge neck dress with cap sleeves. Kate's choice in designer for both her's and Pippa's dress was a triumph. Sarah Burton, protege for Alex McQueen nailed it with both dresses the perfect design for the Royal occasion as well as the beautiful physiques for these two gorgeous sisters. No doubt fashion houses are already knocking on Pippa's door for her to be their next muse...and rightfully so!
2. With so much speculation and opinon into what Kate would wear on her big day, in my point of view Sarah Burton could not have done any better with her amazing full laced sleeve, ivory gown with stunning lace applique. Described by one major UK news program as possibly being the "...dress of the century", I loved how the bodice just moulded onto her torso, there was the perfect amount of volume in the skirt, the perfect length train and the veil and tiara were equally as beautiful. Yes, it was Grace Kelly-esque but Kate deserves all the credit for making this gown very much her own. It was perfect for her easy going, conservative but fun demeanour.
Sarah Burton also designed her evening wedding dress which was also lovely.
3. Not one kiss on the balcony, but TWO!
It was nice to see Wills crank the royal heat up a notch by stretching the boundaries of the iconic balcony kiss his parents had on that very same balcony nearly 30 years ago now. 
As pessimistic as I was about it to begin with, I'm glad I witnessed the beautiful occasion. Although it really would have put the Royal icing on the cake if Harry broke out in song with this special number...
...oh well, maybe next time.
xx Jo


*Photo credits to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment